Health & Safety
All learners have a personal responsibility to follow HSE guidelines and the COVID 19 measures we have put in place in order to minimise the risk of spreading infection. It is important that all visitors and learners act in a responsible way to protect themselves and others by:
- Washing hands frequently
- Maintaining physical distancing
- Not shaking hands
- Covering your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve when you cough and sneeze
- Avoid toughing your hands and mouth
- Wearing your face mask or face covering as directed by the college
- Not attending if you are unwell with any of the symptoms of COVID 19
- Informing staff if you are unwell with any of the symptoms of COVID 19
While on the course you will receive full instruction in the correct and safe handling of equipment and materials. You are required to work in a safe and responsible manner, you must pay due regard to your own safety and to the safety and welfare of others. Your willingness and ability to function in a professional, caring and responsible manner forms part of the common skills assessment while you are on the course.
If you are ever in doubt as to the correct use of equipment or materials then you should ask a member of staff.
Care must be taken when carrying out field work on or close to a river. Students must follow the instructions given by the tutor and always take due care.
Please familiarize yourself with all exits in case of an emergency evacuation is necessary.
Drinks and food can only be consumed in the social area set aside for that purpose.
No Smoking Zone
The college is a no smoking zone.
Fully equipped First Aid cabinets are located in the general office.